Sunday, September 12, 2021

TFTD – “Start your day with a positive thought" Happy day

 

TFTD 

“Start your day with a positive thought” 

Happy day


TFTD, acronym for “Thought for the day” is a daily quote I send out to my circle of friends and relatives through multiple modes such as SMS, Whatsapp and Facebook. I don’t remember the exact date, when I started this daily ritual. But I recall, that it was sometime in the later months of 2003, that  I started to send out a daily quote of inspiration or a nice thought to a handful number of my close set of  friends as an SMS. As time went on , I kept adding more and more people and today my TFTD reaches to atleast 2000 people. It does not stop there. This SMS gets forwarded by a number of my friends to their own circle of contacts and hence reaches out to a far greater number of people.


Sending out this TFTD every morning is something I love to do. The thought of being able to reach out to my friends and relatives with a nice thought, early in the morning, truly excites me. It is my way of saying, “Good morning” to my little world. Quite a number of days, I get some quick response such as “Well said, Very true, Perfect, Nice, Super, Apt for the day, I agree, I don’t agree or just a pictorial smiley or thumbs up”.  But, there are also many days, when I receive no response at all. But this has never deterred me from following this daily routine. It is a commitment, I have made to myself, and I do my best to send it every day.


So what keeps me motivated to do this, is the simple fact, that there has been a few sharing’s  of my friends, which made me realize that my TFTD has made a far greater impact in their lives than I could ever imagine. Many of them find my TFTD as a coincidence to what they are going through in life, at that point of time. Some even call me and ask, “Did you have me in mind, while sending today’s TFTD? Some tell me they eagerly wait for it. Some of my friends say that they store my TFTD and read it when they are feeling a little down. Some feel motivated, some feel solace and some just feel connected. In some way or other, it is a joy for me to know that my TFTD is making a positive impact in their life. Here are a few nice sharing’s of my friends, about the TFTD.


One of my very close friends, who encountered a close to death accident, received my TFTD on the following day, which said something like, ‘Life is short, make the best use of it’. He called me and said, “It was really an eye opener”. Another good friend of mine once called me and said, “I was holding a lot of grief and was finding it hard to let out. Your TFTD today, which said ‘It is OK to cry….’ triggered me to cry out my heart and I feel a lot better now. Thanks.”. One person in Mumbai, who receives my TFTD, forwarded by one of my friends, got my number and specifically called to thank me. He said. “Every morning, as soon as I receive your TFTD, I forward it to my customers. This has made my customers feel friendlier with me and they prefer doing business with me”. There are many such incidents, and every time I hear such a thing I feel so grateful to God for making me instrumental in reaching out to the right people with a right message at the right time.



Some ask me, from where do I get this unlimited stock of nice thoughts? With all humbleness, I accept that I am not the author of all these quotes. Though, some of them are self created, most of them are from the books I read, the quotes I see somewhere or  hear somewhere, some forwarded messages, some taken from internet, so on and so forth. The sources are many. The only criteria for its selection, is I should personally like it and to a good extent be agreeable with the thought.



For me, sending this daily TFTD has been a pleasure and will always continue to be. It serves as an reassurance to my belief, “Small effort … Big impact….”













  D. Senthil Kannan,

  Managing Trustee, PALMS, Tuticorin.
  Author of "Transformational Thoughts" - A Journey of learning 
  Email: senthilkannand@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Statue of Women Safety and Honour

  Statue of Women Safety and Honour Few months back, I visited the Jatayu Earth’s Centre, in Kollam District, Kerala which encompasses the w...