Sunday, June 6, 2021

What is your Happiness Quotient

What is your Happiness Quotient


Sometime back, I took an online test called the “Happiness Test” and this test revealed to me a new perception of Happiness. We all have different definition of happiness, and it is different from person to person. To some earning a lot of money is happiness; to some the love of their family members is happiness, to some their success in a chosen activity is happiness.  To me, the very purpose of life is itself to experience the many happy moments, this world has to offer. If there is no reason to be happy, then there is no purpose to be alive.

This test points out that the baseline of happiness is dependent on one of the seven factors, I have listed below:

  •  Contentment

  •  P
    ersonal Growth Confidence
  •  Relationship
  •  Gratitude
  •  Optimism
  •  Cheerfulness
True happiness with yourself and your life comes from having a strong, balanced, consistently positive approach to yourself and your world.

This test revealed that my happiness factor was my Confidence. This was news to me.  But thinking about it, I feel it is true. It is not my success rate, but the confidence level I have in myself and my abilities, makes me a happy person. Therefore, irrespective of how many ever times I fail, as long as I have confidence that I will win, I will be happy. This also means, I would feel unhappy whenever I lose my confidence.

Likewise, it will be different for different people based on one of these seven happiness factors.

Psychologists claim, that Happiness is a state of mind, a life perception, and a series of good habits. This is good news. If happiness is a skill set, then you can learn to be happier. Some people seem to be born happy. This may be true. Or perhaps these "happier" people have simply already learned these happiness skills through their interactions, through reading, or by having a keen perception into human nature.

Finally, even happy people have down days. It's unrealistic to expect permanent, non-stop happiness. Such a thing doesn't exist in reality. However, you can learn to be more content with your life, confident in yourself, grateful for what you have, committed to your personal growth, full of laughter and good cheer, and optimistic. You can also learn to develop positive, supportive relationships with the people around you. In fact, by focusing yourself steadfastly on these seven areas, you can quite readily achieve them.











    D. Senthil Kannan,

   Managing Trustee, PALMS, Tuticorin.
   Author of "Transformational Thoughts" - A Journey of learning 
   Email: senthilkannand@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Statue of Women Safety and Honour

  Statue of Women Safety and Honour Few months back, I visited the Jatayu Earth’s Centre, in Kollam District, Kerala which encompasses the w...