Monday, February 15, 2021

Faith turns Aspirations to Reality

Faith turns Aspirations to Reality


On 12th July 2007, a beautiful flower withered away from my family garden. I used to call this flower, Amma.  No matter what the age, what the health condition, a mother is always a mother and the loss of someone who has been with me right from my birth, is of course painful. Though, it is true that anyone in this world is indispensable, yet there are a few relationships that are not replaceable and I think a mother is one.

 

I have a habit of trying to find and adopt at least one good quality from my near and dear ones. When I think of my mother, I think the most important thing I wish to imbibe from her, is the faith she had in her children. I am sure this sharing of mine, will help other parents to get a perspective of this goodness of having faith in children

 

Right from my childhood, I have been a pride to her.  She delighted on the simplest of my achievements. She used to talk very proud of me to my relatives, her circle of friends and who ever she knows. She has never let me down on any occasion. Even when I failed in my 9th Std examinations, due to my negligence in study, she did not scold me. She just told these words “Don’t lose heart”. To make sure that I am not mocked by others, she went about telling everybody that my son was detained, because he was having fever and he was not able to write his exams. Why was there so much of protection? Why was, I not punished?  I used to think.

 

This unshakeable faith she had in me turned me a new leaf. I realized my fault. I felt so bad and guilty for having disappointed her. From then on, I concentrated well on my studies and made sure I was at least in the top ten of my class, till I completed my post graduation. This was the magic of faith, she had on me. Faith turns aspirations to reality.

 

What I observe in many parents today is this lack of faith in their children.  We get easily upset over our children’s failures. We tend to lose confidence in our children’s ability.  We use wrong and negative words, thinking that we are correcting our children, without realizing that we are making things worse. I think it is time we correct ourselves and behave as more responsible gardeners of our children.

 

Just like a plant needs good soil, water, and sunlight to grow, we have to nurture our children with the soil of positive thoughts, water them with abundant love, support them with the sunlight of encouragement and appreciation. 










D. Senthil Kannan,
Managing Trustee, PALMS, Tuticorin.
Author of "Transformational Thoughts" - A Journey of learning 
Email: senthilkannand@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Statue of Women Safety and Honour

  Statue of Women Safety and Honour Few months back, I visited the Jatayu Earth’s Centre, in Kollam District, Kerala which encompasses the w...